SLIDER

Southern Highlands Road Trip - Berrima and beyond

Saturday dawned bright and sunny, the first dry day in 14 days. I decided not to waste the day and hopped in the car for a drive.



I drove to Berrima in the Southern Highlands just over 1 1/2 hours south of Sydney. Sydney is a lot like Brisbane in many ways. We don't have 4 distinct seasons here just hot, cold, wet or dry.



I was craving some autumnal tones so I decided to head south to cooler climes.




Berrima is a beautiful Georgian village that time forgot. On a Long Weekend it is a very popular place so I avoided the main street with it's tea houses and antique shops and roamed the back streets.









As it was the Anzac Day Long Weekend, I made a pilgrimage to the war memorial. It's a beautifully maintained part of the gardens where sprigs of rosemary lay intermingled between the fallen oak leaves. I took a sprig of rosemary home with me for remembrance.




From there I wandered along Jellore Street with it's cute mix of cottages and Georgian mansions. I wish there was a scratch and sniff component to this blog so you could all experience the beautiful scent of the roses.





I got back into the car and drove back to Sydney via the Illawarra Highway to Wollongong.



I've not been to Wollongong before so headed straight to the beach with the twin lighthouses. A wedding was being held at one lighthouse so I approached the other. The seas were treacherous that day so I made it to the lighthouse with sodden shoes. I had to shoot into the sun so there is a bit of drama to some of the images.



I also took some photos of the lighthouse in the opposite direction from the road to North Beach but they were pretty dull by comparison.


Sorry, but I went a bit crazy with the collages cos I had so many nice images to share,

Jillian

PRINT RECIPE

No comments

Post a Comment

© DELICIOUS BITES • Theme by Maira G.