SLIDER

Sick and a coconut pound cake with passionfruit icing

I don't normally get sick so I'm not very good at it. I've been coughing, sneezing and spluttering all week. The gym hasn't seen me once this week 'cos I've been spending my time either lying on my bed feeling wan or racing between the garage and smash repairers. My car failed it's registration inspection due to a spot of rust in the roof. How the rust affects the car's roadworthiness is a bit beyond me but it's been fixed and the car is back on the road. I quite enjoyed the brisk morning walk to the station in complete darkness and may just leave the car at home a few days each week. I managed to catch up on the domestic chores that piled up during my frantic June - bills are paid, the flat has been cleaned and I even managed to bake.



We have another farewell morning tea at work this coming Friday so I made a coconut pound cake with passionfruit icing. 



In my own kitchen using my own oven and cake tin, the cake tuned out perfectly. The icing that was too runny in Dungog worked like a charm in Sydney.



Who can work these things out? I also made a baked rhubarb and strawberry compote with orange. Yum!





See you all again soon,

Jillian
PRINT RECIPE

No comments

Post a Comment

© DELICIOUS BITES • Theme by Maira G.