SLIDER

Hummingbird Cake

It's my brother's birthday today so I baked him a cake. Unfortunately he lives in the country and I won't be able to catch up with him until next weekend, so I'll be taking the cake into work tomorrow instead. I could have frozen the cake I suppose but I only have a tiny freezer and my work colleagues do like it when I bake.


As this cake could make it into the cookbook I dutifully measured everything/timed everything and even remembered to write it all down as well. When I last made these, I halved the recipe and made Hummingbird Cupcakes.

I thought they were scrumptious but that may have been because I topped them with cream cheese icing, which I love.




If my brother is lucky I may bake a cake for him next weekend. Limes are in season at the moment and I picked up a bag at the fruit shop yesterday so the cake will be lime inspired.



Happy Birthday Andrew!

Jillian
PRINT RECIPE

No comments

Post a Comment

© DELICIOUS BITES • Theme by Maira G.