SLIDER

Friday Favourite - The Little Jewel

I travelled to Sri Lanka in January 2003, about 18 months before the tsunami devastated the coastline. I really enjoyed my time there, the people and most importantly, the food.

After visiting Kandy, we headed to the hills to stay on a tea plantation. On our way to Nurya Eliya we stopped at a small village where the pongal festival was taking place. It was colourful and very noisy and we ended up daubed with flour paste.



I spied this little girl watching the fun and instantly dubbed her "The Little Jewel" as she was so sweet dressed in her prettiest party frock. The photo was shot using my favourite colour film, Fuji Reala 100.

There'll be a few more images of Sri Lanka in the coming weeks,


Jillian
PRINT RECIPE

No comments

Post a Comment

© DELICIOUS BITES • Theme by Maira G.