SLIDER

Friday Favourite - X-Puha

I took a trip to Central America 2 years ago and during that trip I visited Guatemala, Belize and the Yucatan Peninsula of Mexico. As far as I'm concerned any holiday which involves snorkelling +/- climbing a volcano is a good holiday. I climbed the Pacaya Volcano in Guatemala (hands down the scariest thing I've ever done) then dreamed of snorkelling in Belize.



That plan went awry when I tripped over on the jetty at Caye Caulker and instead of snorkelling in the aqua coloured waters I had 11 stitches inserted in my knee. One of my friends jokes that I collect scars on my travels like other people collect souvenirs. Back in Mexico and on the last day of my trip, the wound had healed sufficiently so I decided to go to the beach. I was staying at Playa del Carmen and asked where the best beach was and I was told "X-Puha". I took the collectivo along the highway towards Tulum, alighted when told and walked the kilometre to the beach.

After I walked through the clearing, this is what I found. Who would have thought water this colour actually existed?

Have a happy weekend,

Jillian
PRINT RECIPE

No comments

Post a Comment

© DELICIOUS BITES • Theme by Maira G.