SLIDER

Lemon Almond Tart

It's seriously early on Sunday morning here and I'm about to get started on some baking but before I did, I thought I'd check the cricket score from the first Ashes Test in Cardiff. Australia had reached 600 before I fell asleep last night and this morning England are 2 down. I'm not gloating (well not too much) but I do love the Ashes. As I'm already on the laptop I thought I may as well put up todays post.



This recipe is an adaptation of a Tart au Citron Recipe from Martha Stewart's Pies and Tarts, the only Martha Stewart recipe book I possess. Martha doesn't have the same presence in Australia that she does in North America and I'd not heard of her before living in Canada.



I bought a new tart pan a few weeks back to replace the oblong tart which was damaged in an unfortunate incident. I was dying to try it out and picked this lemon tart for it's maiden voyage. It's pretty easy to prepare and I've made it for many a work lunch in the past. The mixture is generous and was way too much for the oblong pan so I made 2 mini tartlets as well. I thought I'd try making some candied lemon rind for decoration - my first effort. The tart was devoured by lunchtime, which is always a good sign.



Another week coming up at work and another farewell morning tea and I've not yet decided what to bring. I'm toying with the idea of making a deconstructed pavlova so watch this space!

Happy Sunday,

Jillian


PRINT RECIPE

No comments

Post a Comment

© DELICIOUS BITES • Theme by Maira G.