SLIDER

Scones

Sorry about my lack of post yesterday, but I was having trouble with my internet service. Back home from work and it seems to be re-established so I'll quickly post this whilst I have a connection.



I had a busy Sunday - I did a lot of food preparation and photography so check back over the next few weeks so see what I've been working on. I also paid a visit to a lovely store, so peek back on Thursday to see what I've been up to.



A few weeks ago I stumbled on a website which featured photos of restaurant in Sweden I think. Of course now I can't find the link but I was particularly struck by a photo of a simple meal of dark brown bread, accompanied by bowls of cream and raspberries. It looked so delicious and it immediately conjured up visions of a devonshire or cream tea.



I bought strawberry jam and thick cream on my Saturday morning trip to the shops then whipped up a batch of scones early Sunday morning and had 2 for my breakfast and a third one for my afternoon tea. The battered scone cutter in the photo is one I've had since I was a teenager. It was a gift from my parents following a trip to Hahndorf, near Adelaide and has followed me from Brisbane to Sydney.

There are lots of tricks to making fluffy, light scones. If you want them to rise high, you need to pack them close together in the tin and bake them in a very hot oven. If you like your scones light and fluffy, you'll need to wrap them in a clean tea towel as soon as they come out of the oven to trap the steam.

See you again later in the week, internet willing,

Jillian

PRINT RECIPE

No comments

Post a Comment

© DELICIOUS BITES • Theme by Maira G.