SLIDER

Wentworth Falls

As promised here are some more photos from my mini break at the Blue Mountains. The Blue Mountains has a number of quaint villages and this was my second stay at Wentworth Falls. I also really like Leura, which is where I spent the second day of my 2 day stay.



I've been bushwalking at Wentworth Falls, Katoomba and Blackheath but have done the National Pass walk at Wentworth Falls on many occasions. Although I live on the coast and love the ocean, I also really love the mountains. There's just something about the smell of the Australian bush and rainforest - a curious mix of eucalyptus and other exotic flora. There are so many interesting plants along the walk and it makes me regret my complete lack of botanical knowledge because I can't name most of them.



I went for a walk around the Wentworth Falls Lake before breakfast at the recommendation of Cathy, one of Silvermere's owners. Before this visit I didn't know such a lake existed. I passed by colourful parrots and waratahs on my way down to the lake shore.



The Wentworth Falls Lake is very quiet early in the morning with the peace of the lake disturbed only by a family of ducks. The Blue Mountains is such a special place.

Jillian
PRINT RECIPE

2 comments

  1. Jillian! I absolutely love these photos! You've certainly captured the lushness of the forest.

    I had no idea Wentworth Falls had a lake either - it looks lovely. I love that you shot it in black and white :)

    Hope you're having a nice week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Chantel.

    This week has been challenging to say the least. Roll on the weekend!

    Jillian

    ReplyDelete

© DELICIOUS BITES • Theme by Maira G.