SLIDER

Mulberry Torta

It seems like ages since I last posted. I've just enjoyed a 3-day break fom work and I'm in no hurry to return tomorrow. Roll on Christmas.

A few weeks back I found a recipe for Mulberry Torta by Steve Manfredi in the Sydney Morning Herald. I had some mulberries in the freezer so I decided to try the recipe. I didn't have quite enough mulberries in the freezer and the season had ended so I used blueberries instead.




My cake tin was a little larger than recommended so I had trouble spreading the batter over the fruit. If I was to make it again I would increase the batter to fruit ratio a little.


I took the torta into work and it was devoured pretty quickly, which is always a good sign. I'd intended to serve the torta with cream but I left it at home. I only tried my slice during the weekend and I found it a little bland. Next time I would add some grated lemon rind to the fruit mixure cos it just needed a bit of a zing. I think it would be lovely made with some tart raspberries and served with thick cream for a rustic winter dessert.



I'll be back again Wednesday so until then,

Jillian
PRINT RECIPE

No comments

Post a Comment

© DELICIOUS BITES • Theme by Maira G.