SLIDER

Chocolate Caramel Tart

I seem to make chocolate tarts quite often. I guess I'm searching for the perfect tart and the perfect chocolate pastry recipe. Each time I make one I seem to edge ever closer to chocolate tart perfection.


I was inspired to make this recipe after reading an old issue of Delicious magazine. I made my own chocolate pastry from this recipe; substituted a tin of Caramel Top'n'Fill/Dulce de leche for the condensed milk then sprinkled salt flakes over the caramel and followed the rest of the recipe.


The chocolate pastry was soft and a little difficult to handle so I rolled it between 2 sheets of plastic wrap. I took this into work - my first effort for 2010 - and the tart was devoured by lunchtime, which is always a good sign.



I've just finished my piece of tart and it is a delicious confection. The caramel is so subtle that I could barely taste it but the chocolate filling was delicious. I would certainly make this again and probably leave out the caramel entirely and increase the chocolate custard filling.

I'll be back again on Wednesday so until then,

Jillian
PRINT RECIPE

No comments

Post a Comment

© DELICIOUS BITES • Theme by Maira G.