SLIDER

Martin Place Cenotaph and Justin Bieber

ANZAC Day is commemorated on April 25 and today was the ANZAC Day public holiday. I'm not very good with crowds so I didn't go into the city to watch the parade, which was held on Sunday. Instead I went to see the movie, 'Beneath Hill 60' which tells the story of a secret mission to blow up the Messine Ridge during the First World War.

On Monday I was up bright and early and caught the train into Martin Place, to take photos of the cenotaph before hitting the gym to work off some of those Easter eggs.


Even though it was just after 7.30 a.m. I wasn't prepared for the chanting I heard as I arrived at Martin Place. What I didn't know was the Justin Bieber concert had just been cancelled at the Rocks and a thousand disappointed fans had made their way or were on their way to the Channel 7 studio in Martin Place. As mentioned on the news, there were very few adults accompanying the children aged around 10 - 12.


Some images in black and white.


It's time to put the gnocchi on for dinner (see I don't just live on cakes and pastries). I hope you all had a good weekend. I'll be back on Wednesday with some baking so until then,

Jillian
PRINT RECIPE

No comments

Post a Comment

© DELICIOUS BITES • Theme by Maira G.