SLIDER

Cranberry Shortbread Stars

I had such a busy weekend, so busy in fact I didn't get time to do any baking. The cookie jar is empty! Actually I have one of these shortbreads stars in the bikkie tin but that will be empty in an hour or so.



I made these cookies last weekend. I made a half batch of dough using this recipe but left out the nuts and added 1/2 cup of dried cranberries to the mixture. Martha Stewart has a very similar recipe, which you'll find here.



I rolled the mixture about 75 mm thick then cut out the star shapes before baking. It's a very soft mixture so the cookies spread a little when baked. I took the cookies into work last Tuesday and there were none left when I returned Wednesday.



There were howls of protests when one of the part time girls came into work and found no-one had saved her a cookie. I guess that means I'll have to make another batch before I go on holidays next Friday.

Got to go, lots of things to do.

Jillian
PRINT RECIPE

2 comments

© DELICIOUS BITES • Theme by Maira G.