SLIDER

Procrastinator with a Capital 'P'

My mother used to refer to me as a procrastinator with a capital P. I've just looked up procrastination and the description is surprisingly accurate. I don't often procrastinate but when I find something too overwhelming to deal with, I put off making the decision, well for as long as I can.

So what am I procrastinating about? Packing for my trip home. Yes I am leaving tomorrow and no, nothing is packed and won't be until tomorrow. Instead of packing I've busied myself with a myriad of tasks. I've done 2 loads of washing/downloaded some memory cards and prepared the images/made an iPod playlist for the long journey home and arranged lots of things in piles all over the living room floor all whilst listening to the cricket.

As I can't decide which gift goes to whom, I'm going to drag the whole lot home with me plus all the wrapping paraphernalia. I'm doing a little job of work when I'm home so that means I need to bring along my cameras, the laptop, a flash, batteries, cards, card reader etc, etc.

Then there is the food to consider. As the list of what I can't eat and won't eat is quite long, plus I'm driving along some remote stretches of road, I have to bring the food with me for my 13 hour journey. I like to treat myself so I've bought some smoked salmon and ricotta cheese, cherries, apricots and peaches plus some home made trail mix to keep me going. And for my sweet treat? Some homemade fruit mince pies.



I should be back again Monday with some more of my Christmas baking.

Have a great weekend,

Jillian
PRINT RECIPE

4 comments

  1. I'd classify you as an Overachieving Procrastinator!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that's good, right???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just checked out your pics of the Sydney Market on Decor8. They are just so lovely, would be great to see more.... On another note I can't wait to try making some mince pies from scratch this year! Do you always make the same recipe? I was going to attempt one from Nigella Lawson? Hope they look as pretty as yours. Happy Holidays enjoy your time with your family.
    ps....packing sucks, I ALWAYS procrastinate on packing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mimi,

    I make the same recipe each year and I whipped up another batch yesterday afternoon. I don't have much luck with Nigella Lawson recipes so good luck.

    Photo link coming your way,

    J

    ReplyDelete

© DELICIOUS BITES • Theme by Maira G.