SLIDER

Pizza Margherita

One of my favourite Saturday night suppers, is home made pizza and in particular, pizza margherita. I visited Italy a few years ago and one night in Naples my room mate Chelsea and I split a pizza margherita made with fresh buffalo mozzarella, basil and fresh cherry tomatoes. I was instantly hooked and as soon as I returned home I starting my search for buffalo mozzarella. I didn't have to look very far as my local deli had it in stock.



If I make the pizza mid week, I prepare the pizza dough using this recipe from Marcella Hazan's book 'The Essentials of Classic Italian Cooking'. I make the pizza dough in a food processor and leave it to do a slow rise in the fridge. That way the pizza dough is good to go when I get home. I follow the  margherita recipe with a few small changes. To speed up the process I use good quality bottled tomato sugo or tinned Polpa Fine di Pomodoro rather than going through the process of cooking down tomatoes. As it's such a simple dish, with only a few key ingredients -
  • cherry tomatoes
  • buffalo mozzarella
  • parmesan cheese
  • olive oil
  • fresh basil or oregano
  • tomato sugo
don't be tempted to skimp on the quality of the ingredients and please try the buffalo mozzarella - it is a revelation!



Have a great weekend and I'll see you all again on Monday,

Jillian
PRINT RECIPE

No comments

Post a Comment

© DELICIOUS BITES • Theme by Maira G.