SLIDER

pronto - red curry of atlantic salmon kaffir lime and zucchini

As promised, today I'm going to tell you all about pronto. Do you remember a few weeks ago I mentioned I was working on a new blog feature and was looking for a name for it? I received a few suggestions from my blog readers which helped me focus on a title that reflected what the new feature will be about - uncomplicated food for busy people. I thought about pronto, then looked through the dictionary and decided that it's definition, 'promptly or quickly ' fitted the bill.

Now, not all the food I'm planning to feature is quick to prepare. Many items require long and slow cooking but don't take long to put together and then can be frozen and reheated at a later date. I'll also tell you how convenience foods, which I do use, fit into the picture. You may also notice the absence of cream, fried food, loads of cheese and the use of low fat products in the recipes.

If I can find a link to the recipe I'll include that in the post or I'll direct you to the cookbook and author. If I don't have access to either, I'll give you an idea of how to put the dish together. Work pressure and time constraints just don't allow me time to write up the recipes for you.

So here is the first pronto post, a thai red curry of atlantic salmon and zucchini.This recipe is really quick to prepare especially if you use a few convenience foods like prepared chicken stock/tinned coconut milk and thai red curry paste. Of course you could make your own from scratch but who has time to do that after a busy day at work? Best of all, it's really delicious.



I've altered the recipe a little. I prefer to added lightly cooked zucchini at the end of the cooking process rather than the beginning. I prefer the texture and it helps to speed up the whole process.



It's a lot harder plating hot food than cakes and pastries so my food styling is a work in progress.

I'd love to hear your feedback on my new feature.

Bye for now,

Jillian
PRINT RECIPE

No comments

Post a Comment

© DELICIOUS BITES • Theme by Maira G.