SLIDER

nonna's passover baci

These cookies have appeared on the blog in a few guises - chocolate hazelnut, chocolate pistachio and lemon pistachio. Well this time, I thought I'd try and make a passover version.



Instead of flour, I used potato flour and superfine matzo meal in equal proportions and kept the rest of the ingredients the same.





They looked exactly the same as the regular versions but they were a bit more 'short' in texture. They were still pretty yummy all the same.





Whenever I post images of Nonna's cookies, I always get a request for the recipe. Nonna was one of my patients and she gave the recipe to me at her last treatment session. Unfortunately I didn't ask for permission to publish the recipe, so until our paths cross again the recipe has to remain my little secret. I do hope you understand. This recipe from Stefano Manfredi is very close though.

Passover Baci
100g passover baking mix
90g unsalted butter, softened
60g almond meal
60g hazelnut meal
50g sugar
1 tsp cocoa powder
50g good-quality dark chocolate,
chopped
½ tsp vanilla essence
Pinch salt
Filling
50 g melted dark chocolate

Preheat oven to 160°C. Place all the ingredients in a food processor and pulse until well blended. Shape into a log, wrap tightly with cling film and rest in the fridge for at least an hour.

Roll mix into small balls the size of a 10¢ piece and place on a buttered baking sheet. Place back in the fridge to rest for 20 minutes then bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
Remove and allow to cool on tray. Once cooled, spoon a little melted between the flat sides of two baci and gently stick them together. Store in a well-sealed container in the fridge and they will last a week. Makes 40-50 unfilled biscuits.

I hope you all had a great weekend and I promise this is the last passover post for another 12 months!

Until we meet again,

Jillian
PRINT RECIPE

No comments

Post a Comment

© DELICIOUS BITES • Theme by Maira G.