SLIDER

Pronto - Marcella Hazan's Minestrone alla Romagnola

It's suddenly become very cold in Sydney and as the temperature drops the need for warm and hearty food rises. What could be more warming than a steaming bowl of soup?



Cavolo nero started appearing in my fruit shop a few weeks ago so I bought a bunch to use in a minestrone. I turned to an old favourite cookbook, the Australian Women's Weekly Italian Cooking Class cookbook for my minestrone recipe, which on closer inspection appears to be much the same as Marcella Hazan's recipe for Minestrone alla Romagnola without the parmesan rind. I bought a slab of parmesan on Saturday so I cut off the rind and put it into the soup.




I enjoyed the soup so much, I made another batch the other night, this time using barley instead of the white beans. It was equally delicious.



I also spent part of the weekend working on some new blog lay-outs with bigger images. What do you think?



Sorry for the delay in posting but blogger has been a bit ornery all this week. Happy weekend to you all,

Jillian
PRINT RECIPE

No comments

Post a Comment

© DELICIOUS BITES • Theme by Maira G.