SLIDER

pronto - stuffed tomatoes

Have you heard of Manu Feildel, the French chef and co-star of My Kitchen Rules? He released his first cookbook this year, Manu's French Table, featuring the food served at his mother's table. I don't have the book but I found this recipe for stuffed tomatoes in the March 2011 issue of the Australian Women's Weekly.



Looking through the ingredients I knew it would be pretty easy to adapt the recipe for Passover. I soaked some coarse matzo meal in water and used it instead of the breadcrumbs and of course used minced beef instead of pork.



The tomatoes were delicious served hot with mashed potatoes and a side of greens for dinner and probably tasted even better the next day heated up and served with salad for lunch.



The weather has become a bit brisk the last day or two, so I'm planning a weekend of comfort food. I've just bought a few vine ripened tomatoes and I know I have some mince in the freezer, so it might be time to whip up another batch this coming weekend.

Many thanks to Holly of decor8 for featuring my photos of david met nicole and mud australia on her blog this week.

Have a great weekend,

Jillian
PRINT RECIPE

No comments

Post a Comment

© DELICIOUS BITES • Theme by Maira G.