SLIDER

carriageworks farmers market

Last weekend, while I was waiting for the Sydney Finders Keeper to open I wandered through Eveleigh Markets, now known as the Carriageworks Farmers Market.



The markets are held in the railway workshop at the old Eveleigh Railyards. I just love the architecture of the buildings at the railyards.



The markets feature flowers and produce as well as a variety of food stalls.




I was on the hunt for cavolo nero for my dinner that evening and tracked it down at this organic vegetable stall. I'd never seen brussel sprouts still on the stalk before. I had no idea they grew that way, I'm embarrassed to say.



Some of my favourite restaurant owners have stalls at the market. You may spy Kylie Kwong on the blog and these yummy meringues are from Bird Cow Fish.



The last images are very doggy in nature. I love dogs and dogs and their owners love Eveleigh Markets. The day before I took these photos, my friend Kay lost her dear sweet Barney to renal failure. Unfortunately Barney wasn't able to hold out until the end of the month when we were due to meet again. Barney, these puppy photos are especially for you.



When I have a bit more free time, I'll return to the markets for a more leisurely visit.

I'll see you all again soon,

Jillian
PRINT RECIPE

No comments

Post a Comment

© DELICIOUS BITES • Theme by Maira G.