SLIDER

lemon delicious pudding

This is not the first time I've posted about lemon delicious pudding as it's one of my favourite desserts. I normally make a low fat version but when I was home in Brisbane I didn't have that recipe with me so I used one from my very old copy of the Margaret Fulton Cookbook.



My Dad isn't keen on too sweet desserts so I cut down the sugar considerably. The low fat recipe I use contains no butter but this recipe only uses a small quantity. I made the pudding in an old Pyrex container but we ate the pudding before I had time to take any photos so I remade the pudding once I was home. Instead of making one pudding I halved the recipe and made 2 small puddings, just for me.



Lemon and passion fruit go so well together so I topped the pudding with a little passion fruit pulp to add a bit of zing.



I love the way the pudding separates into 2 separate layers - a sponge topping and a lemon flavoured sauce below. Here's the original recipe for you.


Lemon Delicious Pudding - The Margaret Fulton Cook Book
printable recipe


60 grams butter
1 cup caster sugar
grated rind and juice of 1 lemon
2 eggs, separated
4 tablespoons self-raising flour, sifted
1 1/4 cups milk
Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF). Generously butter a casserole dish.
Using an electric mixer, cream the butter with the lemon rind and sugar in a medium size bowl. 
When the mixture is creamy and light, beat in the egg yolks. Stir in the sifted floured alternately with the milk and the lemon juice.
Beat the egg whites until stiff and fold into the mixture with the lemon juice, lightly yet thoroughly.
 
Pour into a 6 cup ovenproof dish, then place the dish in a roasting pan containing enough hot water to come halfway up the side of the dish.

Bake for about 45 minutes or until the top is lightly golden. Allow to sit for a moment or two before serving.

Serves 4.

I still have one of the little puddings waiting for me for tonight's dessert, so I'm off to have my dinner. I'll see you all again on Wednesday,

Bye for now,

Jillian
PRINT RECIPE

No comments

Post a Comment

© DELICIOUS BITES • Theme by Maira G.