SLIDER

union square, soho, the bowery and chelsea

Doing a shopshoot is a great way to see a city and to explore new locations. The night before the Michele Varian shopshoot, I sat down at a local cafe with my copy of The Stylists Guide to NYC to plot my route for the day. Sadly I left the book behind in the cafe and it was never seen again!

The day started out a bit grey and dreary but I went ahead with my plans to visit the Union Square Green Market.



I love seeing the way people shop and the food they eat.



I seemed to spend quite a bit of time around and about Union Square, in no part due to the presence of ABC Carpet and Home, J. Crew and Fishs Eddy.



What a fabulous place ABC Carpet and Home is. I loved everything I saw and wanted to move in!


After visiting Michele Varian I spent the afternoon exploring the lower East Side where I spied this great building made from cast iron.



Then it was back on the subway to Chelsea to buy some food at the Chelsea Market before walking the High Line.



My friend 'Little One' set me a challenge. When she was in New York in May she'd hidden a MMOA token on a bird feeder on the High Line and I had to track it down. I searched high and low but couldn't find it anywhere. Later on we discovered the bird feeder was a temporary art installation which had been dismantled by the time I made it to New York.



It didn't really matter because the walk was such a beautiful experience.



I just loved the old industrial buildings, the sympathetic plantings, the elegant street furniture and the occasional unexpected pop of colour. I wonder whether there's a similar hidden treasure in Sydney?

Less than 2 weeks now 'til my last working day for 2012. Roll on the weekend!!


Jillian
PRINT RECIPE

No comments

Post a Comment

© DELICIOUS BITES • Theme by Maira G.