SLIDER

passionfruit fingers

I think I need some kind of passion fruit intervention. Passion fruit were in season a few weeks ago and in the space of a week, I made passion fruit curd, a passion fruit and lemon curd cake, pavlovas topped with passion fruit and these passion fruit fingers. The only reason I stopped making things with passion fruit was because I ran out of them!



I've always loved passionfruit because you don't need to do anything fancy to them. Just cut them open, scoop out the pulp with a spoon and eat.



I based my recipe on the Edmonds Ginger Crunch I made a few weeks ago, except with a lemon shortbread base topped with passionfruit icing.



It's always interesting taking one of my inventions into work. Will they pass muster?



The passionfruit fingers are very sweet but also very more'ish and they disappeared in a flash.



Here's the recipe for you which makes 16 fingers.

Passionfruit Fingers
Cookie Base
110 g (4 oz) unsalted butter, at room temperature
75g ( cup) caster sugar
1¼ cups plain flour
¾ tsp baking powder
1 tablespoon lemon juice
Grated rind of 1 lemon

Icing
50 g (1¾ oz)  unsalted butter
1 cup icing sugar (confectioners sugar)
pulp of 2 passionfruit

Preheat the oven to 375°F/190°C. Line a 7 x 10 inch slice tin with baking paper.

Sift together the flour and baking powder. In a small bowl or using a food processor, cream the butter with the sugar and the grated rind of 1 lemon until very light and fluffy. Mix the dry ingredients into the creamed butter mixture until well-combined. Add the lemon juice to form a dough. Press the dough into the prepared pan and flatten the surface. Bake for 20 minutes or until it is light golden brown.

Five minutes before the dough is done, make the icing by melting the butter. Place the sifted icing sugar in a bowl and stir in the passionfruit and the melted butter. Place the bowl over hot water or microwave on high for 30 seconds then beat really hard until the icing is very shiny. Pour the warm icing over the hot cookie base and spread evenly. Let the slice sit for about 20 to 30 minutes, then remove from the pan and slice while still slightly warm. When cool store in an airtight container.


If you try the recipe can you let me know how they turned out?

I had the most frustrating of weekends. The weather was awful, so I was housebound. I managed to make my computer crash and spent all weekend reinstalling software. I think everything is working now but I didn't get a chance to go out and do any photography, so Wednesday's post may or may not happen. 

See you all again on Wednesday, fingers crossed.

Jillian


PRINT RECIPE

No comments

Post a Comment

© DELICIOUS BITES • Theme by Maira G.