SLIDER

pesach white chocolate fig pecan cookies

How did Passover sneak up on me like that? Last Friday I suddenly realised Passover was on my doorstep and went straight out to buy chicken to make chicken soup with matzo balls. No time to do a Passover baking extravaganza like last year but I had time to renovate one recipe and I decided to make some cookies to put in the biscuit tin.



Using my baking mix of equal quantities of superfine matzo meal and potato flour (starch) instead of flour, I whipped up these tasty little morsels. I checked online and in my local supermarket to ensure all the ingredients could be used during Passover.



The cookie dough is quite soft and needs to rest for an hour in the fridge. I think it helps the matzo flour to absorb the egg.



I waited just long enough for these to cool before pouring myself a cup of tea, taking a few photos and devouring my stunt cookie (that's the one I crumble for effect). Actually I ate two. Honestly these cookies don't taste as though they're made from the bread of affliction. They're more crisp than regular cookies but as I don't like chewy cookies, I don't think that's a bad thing at all.

Here's the recipe for you.
printable recipe
Passover White Chocolate Fig and Pecan Cookies

100 grams unsalted butter, softened
45 grams brown sugar
45 grams caster sugar
1 egg, beaten

50 gm superfine matzo meal 
50 gm potato flour
75 grams toasted pecans, roughly chopped
60 grams white chocolate, cut into chunks
60 grams dried figs, coarsely chopped.

In a small bowl combine the matzo meal and the potato flour to make the baking mix.


Cream the butter and sugars in a bowl until light and fluffy. Gradually mix in the egg. Stir the baking mix into the butter mixture then stir in the remaining ingredients. Refrigerate the dough for at least an hour before scooping out the dough into approximately 25 gram balls.

Preheat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF. L
ine a tray with baking paper. Place the balls onto the tray and space well apart as they will spread. Flatten each cookie slightly before baking at 180ºC/350ºF for about 12 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool for a few minutes before removing to a wire rack. When cool, store in an airtight container. Makes about 25 cookies.




See you all again on Wednesday so I can share a lovely shopshoot with you.

P.s Thanks to Holly at decor8 for featuring my walnut cookies with dulche de leche filling. You can read the story and get the recipe here.

Bye for now,

Jillian

PRINT RECIPE

No comments

Post a Comment

© DELICIOUS BITES • Theme by Maira G.