SLIDER

sour cherry cheesecake

Winter came to Sydney this weekend with a cold, wet and wild couple of days. It was the perfect weather for staying home and cooking. I tried out some new recipes with fair to middling success including this cheesecake.



I love sour cherry and cream cheese strudel and thought the combination of flavours would be great in a cheesecake. Using this Ukrainian recipe for inspiration, I adapted my usual cheesecake recipe. I used a combination of cream cheese and dry cottage cheese in the filling and folded through some Morello cherries.




I decided to jazz up the cheesecake with a walnut crumble topping.



I was a bit disappointed because the cheesecake looked a bit 'blah' when I took it out of the oven.



The cheesecake tasted great with the walnut crumble topping but I wasn't happy with how it presented, so consider this cheesecake a work in progress. I think I know how to make it better so when I've worked that out, I'll share the recipe with you.

I hope you all had fabulous weekends, in spite of the weather. 

See you all again soon.

Jillian

PRINT RECIPE

4 comments

  1. Looks delicious, Jillian! I can't wait to see the improved version. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michelle,

    I should be able to remake the cheesecake in the next few weeks. Scrumptious rhubarb cake waiting in the wings....

    J

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please put on the recipe and pictures :) I'd love to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry I don't know where the pictures have gone to. I'll see if I can track them down for you. As for the recipe, I've been too busy to remake the cheesecake but I promise you, it's on my list of things to do.

    J

    ReplyDelete

© DELICIOUS BITES • Theme by Maira G.