SLIDER

the heritage highway - tasmania

When I last wrote, I was in Hobart but about to make my way north to Launceston. I travelled back to Launceston along the Heritage Highway. First stop was Oatlands, home to many beautiful Georgian buildings. 





Oatlands is also home to the Callington Mill, a working mill. Unfortunately I didn't have time to take a tour of the mill but I took plenty of photos instead.



The Mill was restored in 2010 and it's a thing of beauty.



I'm sure I've been to Oatlands before but I didn't remember it being this charming.




I came home with a memento of my visit but I still haven't decided what to make with my bag of flour from Oatlands.




Back in the car for the short drive along the highway to the village of Ross, home to this beautiful bridge.



It was a lovely day, the first time the sun shone all day during my trip.




Ross has lots of sweet buildings along it's main street.



Like the old Holden Garage and the Ross Post Office.





Isn't this house painted the prettiest shade of green?



From Ross I drove to Hadspen, for my last night in Tasmania. I'll bring you photos from Hadspen and Evandale in my final Tasmanian post some time next week but before then I have a little bit of baking to share with you.

See you all again soon,

Jillian
PRINT RECIPE

No comments

Post a Comment

© DELICIOUS BITES • Theme by Maira G.