SLIDER

pasta shells with tuna and artichoke - pronto



I'm always looking for quick and easy recipes to make when I come home from work. When it's winter I cook all Sunday so I have a casserole or two to reheat during the week. When it's summer I usually make something quick and easy like a pasta sauce or stir fry.





A few months back I was hunting for a tuna and artichoke sauce recipe I used to make all the time but had misplaced. During my search I found this one instead and was intrigued. I had all the ingredients in my cupboards apart from the artichokes so off to the shops I went. I didn't have any pasta shells so I used penne instead.




Eventually I found the recipe I was looking for but this one is so much better I might have to misplace it again. This recipe a revelation, really fresh tasting and zingy and way too good to keep to myself. I think I've already made it 4 times though usually with penne or spirals.



Here's the recipe for you -

Pasta shells with tuna and artichokes
340g (12 ounces) medium pasta shells
2 168 g (6oz) cans tuna in olive oil
1 168g (6oz) jar artichoke hearts, drained, bigger pieces sliced in half lengthwise
¼ cup capers, drained
grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
1 large garlic clove, crushed
½ cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
freshly ground black pepper to taste

Bring a large pot of water to boil to cook pasta. 
When water comes to boil, salt it generously, then cook pasta according to package directions, until al dente. 

While the water is coming to the boil, mix the remaining ingredients in a large bowl, big enough to hold the pasta once it's cooked. Break up larger chunks of tuna into bite-sized pieces but do not drain the tuna, as the olive oil becomes part of the sauce.

Drain the pasta, add to the tuna sauce and toss. 
Serves 2 - 4.

Recipe from here but probably adapted from this Epicurious recipe.

To all those people visiting the blog because of this Nigella Lawson recipe for spelt spaghetti with olives and anchovies (38,000 to date and still counting) personally I think this recipe is even better. If you do give it a try, I'd love to know what you think.

See you all again next week for 5 days of cherry and chocolate flavoured Christmas goodies.

Until then,

Jillian
PRINT RECIPE

2 comments

  1. thankyou for sharing this recipe, it sounds lovely. i am looking forward to making it. so easy to make with cupboard staples.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa,

      its a very quick and easy to make for summer dish. I hope you enjoy it.

      Delete

© DELICIOUS BITES • Theme by Maira G.