SLIDER

Zurich

My trip to Zurich was a flying one. I think I spent a total of 39 hours in Zurich before I was on the train heading to Paris. I was supposed to have been there a but longer but British Airways had other ideas - late arriving flights, missed connections and unhelpful ground staff and don't worry I have given them my feedback.



Zurich was hot and sunny and my time was spent both on and by the lake but not in the lake. No-one could convince this Queenslander that the water was warm enough for a dip.



The stay began with a trip to Uetliberg for a view of Zurich before we boarded the ferry for a cruise across the lake. 



We passed this magnificent house before stopping at Ruschlikon. 



We picnicked by the lake and while the others swam, I roamed around the lake taking photos and enjoying the sun I'd not seen for sometime. Then before I knew it the day was over.





I stayed again at the Hotel Seehof which has had a major refurbishment since my last stay. I would have taken photos but it was too dark by the time I arrived and once I'd dumped my stuff, no longer photo worthy.



The next day I was up bright and early the next day with my film camera taking a few snaps of the old town before meeting my blog friend Juliana with whom I write Plate 2 Plate.



And a final chair photo, just because I can!



I've just arrived in Reykjavik and I'm not sure when I'll be able to blog again but I'll be back as soon as I can. I hope you enjoyed my whistle stop tour of Zurich.

Bye for now,

Jillian
PRINT RECIPE

No comments

Post a Comment

© DELICIOUS BITES • Theme by Maira G.