SLIDER

my concept store - mini shopshoot

When I was in Iceland I was hoping I'd find an interesting shop to shoot. As Iceland is so small I figured that shop would probably be found in Reykjavik. Reykjavik is a small city and the shopping is catered towards the tourist end of the market. I didn't want to photograph Icelandic sweaters, puffin themed goods or adventure gear so my options were limited. 



Thankfully I stumbled upon Myconceptstore and as I had my camera with me, I did a mini shopshoot. Myconceptstore has a bit of everything - clothes, record players, jewellery, glasses, paper goods, globes of the world. The list goes on. The only drawback? The interior is painted entirely in black which made it a bit hard to shoot. I don't have a flash for my Fuji XE-2 and really to do the store justice some artificial light is needed.



Not surprisingly, as it's unique in Reykjavik, the store was really busy most times I visited except during a torrential downpour when I was the only one in the shop.



I'd ordered a piece of jewellery and walked through the rain to collect it before my flight back home to Sydney. I looked like a drowned rat by the time I made it back to my apartment and had to drape my jeans over the heating pipes so they would dry in time for the flight to Dusseldorf. The things we do.



Back to the shop. The interiors painted in black made the coloured paper goods really pop.



I just loved this cushion and globe.




Unfortunately I wasn't able to photograph any of the clothes in the shop. The clothes were in the back room where there was no natural light. It was just too dim for photography.



A parting image. You can find Myconceptstore at Laugavegur 45 in Reykjavik and when I was there, it was a puffin free zone!

See you all again next week.

Bye for now,

Jillian
PRINT RECIPE

No comments

Post a Comment

© DELICIOUS BITES • Theme by Maira G.