SLIDER

kirstenbosch botanical gardens

On my last full day in Cape Town I had an optimistic itinerary which began with a visit to the Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens, followed by Groot Constantia, penguin viewing at Boulder Beach then finishing up with lunch at Kalk Bay but I kept missing the turn off to the gardens. In the end I cut my losses and instead viewed the gardens towards the end of the day following my lunch at Kalk Bay.



It may have been remiss of me but I didn't realise the gardens only featured South African plants and flowers.



Which explains why I have no idea what this plant is called.



I do know these are a variety of aloe, which featured heavily in the garden.



I walked through an avenue of large scale sculptures.



The gardens are nestled beneath the imposing Table Mountain.



Another few images of those red aloes.



and lastly this beautifully tranquil view of the gardens.



Unfortunately I'm still struggling to get access to my images but once I do, I'll be back again with another post from my western cape wine tour.

Until then,

Bye for now,

Jillian
PRINT RECIPE

No comments

Post a Comment

© DELICIOUS BITES • Theme by Maira G.